In June 2009 I purchased a complete Trane XL16i variable speed air conditioner and gas furnace for over $11,500; not to mention extra dollars spent on changing out metal ducts in my attic after the fact because the system made too much noise.SIX MONTHS after installation, the fan blower motor and module were not working properly and Trane replaced them on a "recall." Trane now refuses to acknowledge that they actually initiated the replacement of this part.
I have had regular tune ups on my unit. In July 2014, my AC stopped working due to a bad fan blower unit and module. In other words, the fan blower motor and module have been replaced TWICE in a 5-year period. The first time Trane paid for the replacement, but the last time they only paid for the part leaving me to pay almost $700 in labor, even though the fan blower motor was less than 5 years old and my extended labor warranty that I paid for had expired just 35 days earlier.
I contacted Trane and the supervisor after saying there was nothing he could do, just hung up. Of course the parts were not available on the west coast and had to be shipped from Tennessee (are you kidding?) I live in California and the weather was over 100 degrees every day for the entire week that I waited for the part. Trane said they would expedite the shipment if I paid an extra $150! When the technician finally arrived, the part box was about the size of a large toaster, no way it cost an extra $150 to ship.
My local dealer said they had dropped Trane because of their poor customer service in recent years. They said they have seen Trane refuse to honor extended warranties that were still in effect because the customers did not have both units serviced EVERY Year. I am 63 year old retiree on a fixed income. I know that my unit is going to break down again and I am going to be out more big dollars.
Trane does not care about its customers.Save yourself the hassle, don't buy a Trane.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Air Conditioner Expenses
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "I'd like to caution any fellow Home Depot customers having issues with flooring installation or considering Home Depot for flooring. My ordeal began in early December 2014 and resolved with..."
- "Almost 2 years ago, we called Feldco to have new windows put in. 2 men showed up at the door ready to get started. One of them did not speak..."
- "A&E notes While I have my service contract through Sears it is A&E that gets sent out. The following is about A&E Service. Notes about Sears visit for washer (2/6/14) around noon. The..."
- "I am extremely disappointed and furious to have been scammed by this company THE DEAL EMPIRE at the value of $66.80 for the purchase of Body Shaper panties and Slim..."
- "We just returned from an adults get away at this fabulous all inclusive resort. We loved our room, which had an amazing ocean view and was recently renovated. Very clean..."
- "They are horrible. I just got a coat. was supposed to be Medium, but is size XXXS or "zero." Won't fit anyone over the age of 10. I am out..."
- "I hired Ms. Macklin to handle two of my cases and she messed up both case due to late and incorrect filing. She is not assertive and cowers in the..."
- "I purchased two human hair wigs on line from this company that advertises celebrity "hair -styled" wigs. I was aghast upon my receipt of these products after about a..."
- "Massage Envy in Sacramento, CA I have been a customer of Massage Envy since January 2013 and satisfied with their masseuse although I felt their front office sales tactics are aggressive...."