TRANE on Wrong Track

12 of 19 Trane reviews

In June 2009 I purchased a complete Trane XL16i variable speed air conditioner and gas furnace for over $11,500; not to mention extra dollars spent on changing out metal ducts in my attic after the fact because the system made too much noise.SIX MONTHS after installation, the fan blower motor and module were not working properly and Trane replaced them on a "recall." Trane now refuses to acknowledge that they actually initiated the replacement of this part.

I have had regular tune ups on my unit. In July 2014, my AC stopped working due to a bad fan blower unit and module. In other words, the fan blower motor and module have been replaced TWICE in a 5-year period. The first time Trane paid for the replacement, but the last time they only paid for the part leaving me to pay almost $700 in labor, even though the fan blower motor was less than 5 years old and my extended labor warranty that I paid for had expired just 35 days earlier.

I contacted Trane and the supervisor after saying there was nothing he could do, just hung up. Of course the parts were not available on the west coast and had to be shipped from Tennessee (are you kidding?) I live in California and the weather was over 100 degrees every day for the entire week that I waited for the part. Trane said they would expedite the shipment if I paid an extra $150! When the technician finally arrived, the part box was about the size of a large toaster, no way it cost an extra $150 to ship.

My local dealer said they had dropped Trane because of their poor customer service in recent years. They said they have seen Trane refuse to honor extended warranties that were still in effect because the customers did not have both units serviced EVERY Year. I am 63 year old retiree on a fixed income. I know that my unit is going to break down again and I am going to be out more big dollars.

Trane does not care about its customers.Save yourself the hassle, don't buy a Trane.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
12 of 19 Trane reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.