In June 2009 I purchased a complete Trane XL16i variable speed air conditioner and gas furnace for over $11,500; not to mention extra dollars spent on changing out metal ducts in my attic after the fact because the system made too much noise.SIX MONTHS after installation, the fan blower motor and module were not working properly and Trane replaced them on a "recall." Trane now refuses to acknowledge that they actually initiated the replacement of this part.
I have had regular tune ups on my unit. In July 2014, my AC stopped working due to a bad fan blower unit and module. In other words, the fan blower motor and module have been replaced TWICE in a 5-year period. The first time Trane paid for the replacement, but the last time they only paid for the part leaving me to pay almost $700 in labor, even though the fan blower motor was less than 5 years old and my extended labor warranty that I paid for had expired just 35 days earlier.
I contacted Trane and the supervisor after saying there was nothing he could do, just hung up. Of course the parts were not available on the west coast and had to be shipped from Tennessee (are you kidding?) I live in California and the weather was over 100 degrees every day for the entire week that I waited for the part. Trane said they would expedite the shipment if I paid an extra $150! When the technician finally arrived, the part box was about the size of a large toaster, no way it cost an extra $150 to ship.
My local dealer said they had dropped Trane because of their poor customer service in recent years. They said they have seen Trane refuse to honor extended warranties that were still in effect because the customers did not have both units serviced EVERY Year. I am 63 year old retiree on a fixed income. I know that my unit is going to break down again and I am going to be out more big dollars.
Trane does not care about its customers.Save yourself the hassle, don't buy a Trane.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Air Conditioner Expenses
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Well, I just got done removing the last of the Gutter Helmet (GH) from my house. It did keep the leaves out, but it also kept the water out..."
- "Installed LeafFilter around the 1st of April 2013. We paid $5800 for the LeafFilter product on our house with a lifetime warranty. Sure the gutter does not clog... because..."
- "Mohawk Industries 25 year warranty for stains is obviously not worth the value of the paper that it was written on. I bought Mohawk Smartstrand carpet from Lowes. I noticed..."
- "THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM OPERATING AS A MOVING COMPANY! My wife and I hired them to move us from South Carolina to California. My wife spent the majority..."
- "Att or google has done nothing to to keep david dumetz who runs a media site from hacking my internet through java and google development sites.his company destroyed thousands..."
- "I purchased two human hair wigs on line from this company that advertises celebrity "hair -styled" wigs. I was aghast upon my receipt of these products after about a..."
- "I have no idea who these *** crazy psycho chics were. I am not from the area. I was in town for the night and went here to eat. These..."
- "I purchased two tickets (order number 6743462) for an Adele concert at the Genting Arena (LG Arena), Birmingham on 29 March 2016 for £405.97. Our seat numbers were Section E,..."
- "My father was kind enough to give me a H&D fruit of the month gift, a pricey thing for 12 mos. I live where there is no home delivery of..."