In June 2009 I purchased a complete Trane XL16i variable speed air conditioner and gas furnace for over $11,500; not to mention extra dollars spent on changing out metal ducts in my attic after the fact because the system made too much noise.SIX MONTHS after installation, the fan blower motor and module were not working properly and Trane replaced them on a "recall." Trane now refuses to acknowledge that they actually initiated the replacement of this part.
I have had regular tune ups on my unit. In July 2014, my AC stopped working due to a bad fan blower unit and module. In other words, the fan blower motor and module have been replaced TWICE in a 5-year period. The first time Trane paid for the replacement, but the last time they only paid for the part leaving me to pay almost $700 in labor, even though the fan blower motor was less than 5 years old and my extended labor warranty that I paid for had expired just 35 days earlier.
I contacted Trane and the supervisor after saying there was nothing he could do, just hung up. Of course the parts were not available on the west coast and had to be shipped from Tennessee (are you kidding?) I live in California and the weather was over 100 degrees every day for the entire week that I waited for the part. Trane said they would expedite the shipment if I paid an extra $150! When the technician finally arrived, the part box was about the size of a large toaster, no way it cost an extra $150 to ship.
My local dealer said they had dropped Trane because of their poor customer service in recent years. They said they have seen Trane refuse to honor extended warranties that were still in effect because the customers did not have both units serviced EVERY Year. I am 63 year old retiree on a fixed income. I know that my unit is going to break down again and I am going to be out more big dollars.
Trane does not care about its customers.Save yourself the hassle, don't buy a Trane.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Air Conditioner Expenses
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Contact Empire and they had a sales rep out the next day (Saturday). He arrived on time, was polite, took measurements, selected the laminate floor, and received a price quote..."
- "“The Sterling Group DKI: Poor Workmanship Triggers Mental Anguish for Senior Citizen in Poor Health… On October 22 of 2007, Steven Hartmann owner of The Sterling Group DKI submitted an estimate..."
- "This company deals with â€œhalf truths.â€ Upon hiring, you are promised a seemingly incredible income, with all types of advancement opportunities. Strictly for the birds.As a salesperson, you are..."
- "Bought a pair of bulbs which they guaranteed not to "hyper flash" They did on my Infiniti and I asked to return them. You have to return them to Canada..."
- "So I ordered online thinking it was a local store. It is not, they make their website look like it is. Did not discover it was not local until I..."
- "New alienware laptop (with 2k pricetag) dead after less than 6 months. minidisplay port is non functional and has never worked and the laptop came to me with case..."
- "I will never shop at art van ever again. My husband and I purchased a couch which we were told was leather. The sales man also sold us the leather..."
- "NuWave generally sells their ovens with the clear dome that, with regular use, cracks and or self-destructs within 6 months to a year. The cost to replace the dome..."
- "My name is Courtney and I work for the carnival Reithoffers Shows located in Aiken, SC right now. On wednesday October 26 2016 at about 3:45 am I arrived at..."