1K views

After having purchased a Trane heat pump in 2014, I turned on my AC and there is a smell coming from it.

I called the HVAC company who installed it, and found out that Trane went cheap on the material for the evaporator coil, and because of that, it builds up mold. Trane should recall all these evaporator coils, and I should not have to pay to have it replaced or cleaned.

Is this comppany willing to be hit with lawsuits from people who are infected with the bacteria the coils are collecting?

I have read on a number of websites the same complaint by a number of people who purchased a Trane. We should all get together and file a class-action lawsuit.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let Trane arrange for someone to come out and replace the cheap coil at absolutely no expense to me..

Comments

We installed a train heatpump in October 2014, they coil was replaced May 2017. It was replaced again this morning 1/10/19 .

Webster, New York, United States #1337456

I went with Trane because of their quality or so I thought. My AC made it through one summer and now I'm told the TXV is bad on this unit. This does not sit well with me at all!

to Michael #1410740

You'll find, Trane did not make the TXV. And you'll also find, most manufacturers use the same txv on their equipment.

If it's made by man, it can fail. The good thing is, most of Trane's equipment the TXV is bolt on and not weld on.

West Palm Beach, Florida, United States #1271217

I have had nothing but problems with this unit since it was installed, I now have to have the unit unplugged from mold on almost a monthly basis. I'm in on a class action lawsuit

I AGREE.