After having purchased a Trane heat pump in 2014, I turned on my AC and there is a smell coming from it.

I called the HVAC company who installed it, and found out that Trane went cheap on the material for the evaporator coil, and because of that, it builds up mold. Trane should recall all these evaporator coils, and I should not have to pay to have it replaced or cleaned.

Is this comppany willing to be hit with lawsuits from people who are infected with the bacteria the coils are collecting?

I have read on a number of websites the same complaint by a number of people who purchased a Trane. We should all get together and file a class-action lawsuit.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of heat pump and associated monetary loss in the amount of $400. Trane needs to "let trane arrange for someone to come out and replace the cheap coil at absolutely no expense to me" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned heat pump in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Trane.

Comments

Webster, New York, United States #1337456

I went with Trane because of their quality or so I thought. My AC made it through one summer and now I'm told the TXV is bad on this unit. This does not sit well with me at all!

to Michael #1410740

You'll find, Trane did not make the TXV. And you'll also find, most manufacturers use the same txv on their equipment.

If it's made by man, it can fail. The good thing is, most of Trane's equipment the TXV is bolt on and not weld on.

West Palm Beach, Florida, United States #1271217

I have had nothing but problems with this unit since it was installed, I now have to have the unit unplugged from mold on almost a monthly basis. I'm in on a class action lawsuit

I AGREE.